Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ripple Baby Blanket

My sister is due to have a baby boy in June! This will be her fourth child and we are all so excited for her! I wanted to make her something that will last throughout my nephew's infancy. I thought a baby afghan would be nice because it's so versatile she can use it for piratically anything! (Rug, blanket, decoration...)

After an hour of searching for the perfect pattern on Ravelry and Pinterest, I came across one designed by Smooth Fox on Ravelry. I really enjoyed making this blanket....when I was completed with the last round of my choice I decided to go around the edge with a Crab Stitch edging. I have fell in love with this edging! I just love it! I can use it on anything and well it made the blanket look really nice! For the corners that point the highest I made 3 DC into that ch 2 space and proceeded with making the Crab Stitch around the edge as usual....it looks something between a Bobble and a Picot! I will call it Bobble Picot lol :)

Story behind Bobble Picot: I was trying and trying to figure out how I was going to work the Stitch inside the ch 2 space going backwards and had the bright idea to just make a fan. As I was making the DC's it occurred to me that it wouldn't look like a fan because of the Crab Stitch beside it I had to make. When I made it, I thought to myself, this really looks good! So I left it as is....I love getting creative!

Here in the link to Ravelry where I found the pattern.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/free-smoothfoxs-beginners-round-ripple

The yarn that I used was a Caron Simply Soft in colors:
Celeste (Blue)
Persimmon (Orange)
Country Peach

Hook size was a US I9/ 5.5mm and have a total of 24 rounds counting from the beginning and the 25th round was the edging.





I will be giving my sister her blanket at her baby shower on the 27th of this month....I know that she will love it! Have fun making your own, it will be a nice gift to someone or a great addition to your home decor.

Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by!
Naomi :)