Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Roses are red......

OK, so....I have to apologize because on my last post I was a little rushed, you know how days like those can be. :) So, it came to my attention that my stitch count was off so on the His and Hers Better Half Beanie Post; I corrected those today! Instead of 30 sts there should be a total of 60 sts at the end.  I apologize about any confusions.

So I know I said I loved the cold weather but I am kinda missing spring with it's nice buds hinting a promising bloom for the summer. Isn't it always that way...lol

Since I missed those bright and cheery days, I made me something to pick me up! My color choice says otherwise but my wardrobe consists of mostly grays and black (to hide some problem areas ;) which is the reason why I chose gray but the photo editor I used altered the color to look like a red. For future reference, red and the light blue would look good together too...





Terminology:
MR - Magic Ring
St - Stitch
Sl St - Slip Stitch
SC - Single Crochet
DC - Double Crochet
Ch - Chain

Items Needed:
Yarn (4 ply, medium weight yarn. I used Red Hart Super Saver in Aruba Sea and Caron Simply Soft in Heather Gray)
Yarn Needle
6.00 MM Crochet Hook
Scissors
*Optional: Glue gun and glue sticks

Unisex Beanie:
Row 1: In MR, Ch 2 (doesn't count as first DC here and throughout), make 12 DC, sl st to top of first DC to join (pull MR string tight to secure, you can hide the end while you crochet along or wait until beanie is completed to weave in the end). (12 DC)
Row 2: CH 1, make 2 SC (doesn't count as first SC here and throughout) into same st as join, make 2 SC into each st around, sl st to top of first SC to join. (24 SC)
Row 3: Ch 2, make a DC into same st as join and into every st around, sl st to top of first DC to join. (24 DC)
Row 4: Ch 1, make 2 SC into the same st as join, make a SC into the next st, *make 2 SC in the next st, make 1 SC into the following st*, sl st to top of first SC to join. (36 SC)
Row 5: Ch 2, make a DC into same st as join and into every st around, sl st to top of first DC to join. (36 DC)
Row 6: Ch 1, make 2 SC into the same st as join, make 1 SC into each of the next two sts, *make 2 SC into the next st, make 1 SC into each of the next two sts*, sl st to top of first SC. (48 DC)
Row 7: Ch 2, make 1 DC into the same st as join and into every st around, sl st to top of first DC to join. (48 SC)
Row 8: Ch 1, make 2 SC into the same st as join, make one SC into the next 3 sts, *make 2 SC into the next st, make 1 SC into each of the next three sts*, sl st to top of the first SC to join. (60 SC)
Row 9: Ch 2, DC into the same st as join and into every st around, sl st to top of the first DC to join. (60 DC)
Row 10: Ch 1, SC into the same st as join and SC into each st around, sl st to top of the first SC to join. (60 SC)
Row 11: Ch 2, DC into the same st as join and DC into each st around, sl st to top of the first DC to join. (60 DC)
Row 12: Repeat Row 10.
Row 13: Repeat Row 11.
Row 14: Repeat Row 10.
Row 15: Repeat Row 11.
Row 16: Repeat Row 10.
Row 17: Repeat Row 11.
Row 18: Repeat Row 10.
Fasten off and weave in any loose ends.

Rose Embellishment:
I used a beautiful rose that is quite easy to make....I loved it!
Here is the link: http://www.pompomemporium.com/content/crocheted-flowers-roses
I hot glued the rose to the side of the hat.....you can sew it on if you prefer, I just don't have the patience for that lol ;).



I love, love, love, roses....so heres a beanie we can wear with a little pizazz....enjoy!

Naomi :)